You’ve got questions. We’ve got answers.

If you don’t find what you need below or elsewhere on this website, call Wilson-McShane at 1-952-854-0795 (Bloomington) or 1-218-728-4231 (Duluth).

Where do I find plan forms and legal notices (such as my SPD)?

Life Changes

How do I change my address?
You must complete a Change of Address form. If you are unable to download and print the form, contact Wilson-McShane at 1-952-854-0795, and ask them to mail you the form to complete.
How do I add a dependent?
To cover your spouse under the Plan, you must notify the Fund Office within 90 days of the date of your marriage. You must complete a Family Update form and include a copy of your marriage certificate. If the information is received within 90 days of the date of your marriage, your spouse’s effective date will be the marriage date.

To add a child to the Plan, you must complete a Family Update form and include a copy of the birth certificate, adoption papers, or court order. If you are adding a stepchild, you must provide a copy of your marriage certificate and a copy of your spouse’s divorce decree or other court order showing the responsibilities of the natural parents of the stepchild. Stepchildren are eligible from the date of your marriage, provided they are living in your home and are dependent on you for support.

What do I need to know when I’m starting to think about retirement?
Congratulations! We’ve pulled together all that information for you.

Active Participants and Pre-Medicare Retirees

When will I receive my medical ID cards?
You’ll receive your medical ID cards 7–10 business days from when you first become eligible.
How do I submit a claim?
When you receive services from an in-network provider (Blue Cross Blue Shield or Delta Dental), you will not need to submit a claim. Your provider will do it.

If you receive services from a nonparticipating or out-of-network provider, you may have to submit the claim. To submit a claim:

  1. Request an itemized bill from the provider.
  2. Complete an Initial Report of Claims.
  3. Submit it with the itemized bill to the address found on the form.
How do I find an in-network provider?

Visit either the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota website or Delta Dental website to search for providers.

Is there a copay for an office visit?

Yes, you will pay $25 per visit at a participating provider. Note: If you are a West River participant, you pay only $15 per visit.

If you visit a nonparticipating provider, you will pay the full cost of the visit until you reach your deductible. At that time, you pay 30% of the cost of the visit.

What is the deductible?

If you are an hourly, active member: The deductible is $500 per person and $1,000 per family.

If you are an active member living in West River, South Dakota: The deductible is $800 per person and $1,600 per family.

For all other participants: The deductible is $750 per person and $1,500 per family.

Does the Plan cover chiropractic and acupuncture treatment?

Yes. The Plan covers 100% of reasonable and customary charges for a combined maximum of 19 visits per year per person. Note: If the services required are work-related, auto-related, or involve third parties, then the benefits do not cover the services.

Does the Plan provide vision benefits?

Yes. Benefits include $500 every two years for exams, frames, lenses, and contact lenses. (The allowance is replenished on the first day of every even year.) In addition, the Plan pays 100% (up to $500 per eye, once per lifetime) for LASIK eye surgery.

What is an HRA? What can I use the money in my HRA account for?
An HRA is a Health Reimbursement Arrangement that can be used to reimburse you for qualified medical care expenses. See all the details.
How do I receive reimbursements from my HRA?
Unless they are told otherwise, Wilson-McShane will use the money in your HRA account to pay for deductibles and coinsurance automatically. Other qualified medical care expenses must be submitted for reimbursement with an HRA Claim Form. Expenses will be reimbursed once the total is $25 or more and there is sufficient money in your HRA account.
How do I stop automatic reimbursements from my HRA?

If you don’t want to receive automatic reimbursement, you must complete the Health Reimbursement Arrangement Election Form (Off). Subsequently, you will need to submit all qualified medical care expenses with an HRA Claim Form.

Can I use the money in my HRA even though I am not currently eligible for coverage?
How do I file a claim for vision or hearing benefits?
If you are using a Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota provider, the provider will file the claim. If you are using another provider or have purchased prescription glasses or contacts, you may need to submit your claim to the Plan. Be sure and include a copy of the itemized bill with the correct form: Vision Claim Form for Bloomington or Vision Claim Form for Duluth.

If you are submitting a claim for hearing benefits, use the Initial Report of Claims form.

How do I file for disability benefits?

If you become completely disabled and are unable to work, you should complete the entire front side of the Initial Report of Claims form. Note: The disability cannot be job-related, auto-related, or third-party liability-related. Your physician should complete the back side of the form paying particular attention to questions 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, and 9. Your physician must sign and date the form. Return the completed form to the address on the form.

I lost the letter sent to me regarding a pending accident claim. How can I get a replacement?
Use the Replacement Accident Letter to request a replacement. If you prefer, you can call Wilson-McShane at 1-952-854-0795 (Bloomington) or 1-218-728-4231 (Duluth).

Medicare Retirees

Who do I contact for questions about my Medicare coverage?

Call UnitedHealthcare at 844-280-7756 (TTY: 711).

How do I file a claim for hearing or vision benefits?

Complete the Vision and Hearing Reimbursement Claim Form for Medicare Retirees.

Learn more about your hearing and vision benefits.

How do I transfer hours to Local 49?

Are you thinking about retirement?

Reaching Medicare age soon?