Wellness Programs for Pre-Medicare Retirees
The Fund is committed to helping you and your family get and stay healthy.
The best place to start is to get a comprehensive Health Dynamics physical. Each year, the Fund will pay 100% of the cost for members and their spouses who are covered by the Plan.
After completing your Health Dynamics physical, you’ll know the current status of your health and your risk profile. Plus, you’ll receive detailed reporting and follow-up recommendations to share with your primary care physician.
What the Comprehensive Physical Includes
- Comprehensive health history questionnaire
- Physician-directed physical exam
- 43-point blood chemistry analysis
- 16-point urine analysis
- Blood pressure measurement
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Cardiovascular fitness test
- Pap smear and screening mammogram (women)
- Prostate cancer screening (men)
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Strength and flexibility assessment
- Measurement of height, weight, and body-fat percentage
- Pulmonary function (lung capacity) testing
- Analysis of diet
- Stress inventory
What to Expect After Making Your Appointment
- A Health Assessment questionnaire
- Directions to the facility
- Exam preparation instructions
You should bring:
- Comfortable loose-fitting clothes
- Athletic footwear
- Any medications you may need
- A small snack to eat after your lab work
- Your completed Health Assessment questionnaire
- Colorectal screening cards
How the Benefit Will Save You Money
After completing your Health Dynamics physical, you’ll gain a better understanding of the current status of your health and your risk profile—but it will also save you a lot of money!
- The Fund will waive your calendar-year deductible for the year following completion of the physical; and
- You choose whether you want to be reimbursed for your gym or health club membership ($20 per month) OR for your copays and coinsurance (up to $240). Get the reimbursement form.
Watch a short video about the Health Dynamics physicals.
Call 1-866-443-0164 to schedule a physical at a Health Dynamics facility or to get the required information to provide to your own physician.
In addition, we offer targeted wellness programs to help you:
Get wellness advice from home
You may already know that Doctor On Demand allows you to see a doctor without leaving home when you are struggling with common urgent care concerns such as: cold or flu, upper respiratory infections, allergies, children’s health issues, and general aches and pains. However, did you know that this resource is also a great way to get general wellness advice for family members?
Medical visits are available 7:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m. No appointments are necessary, and the Fund covers the full cost of your medical visit. Note: Behavioral health visits and lactation consultations have different hours and costs.
Create an account
Visit doctorondemand.com/bcbsmn. You must correctly enter your identification number and member number from your ID card to ensure that the visit is billed to the Fund. Without this information, you will be required to enter your credit card information.
Watch a video about Doctor On Demand.
Stop using tobacco (Stop Smoking Support Program)
When you’re ready to quit, the Fund can help. When you enroll in the Blue Cross Quit For Life program, you get:
- 5 calls with your Quit Coach
- Access to an online web coach who is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- A Quit Guide in the mail
- Tailored text messages (if you choose) with program reminders and tips for managing urges
- Opportunity to have 3 calls with a Weight Coach (if you choose and it’s appropriate)
- Quit Aids that you and your Quit Coach determine is best for you (such as nicotine patches, gum, lozenges, or prescription aids such as Zyban™ or Chantix™)
Check out the FAQ.
Get started today by calling 1-888-662-BLUE (2583). They’re available Monday–Thursday 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., and Saturday 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Have a healthy pregnancy
Healthier pregnancies mean healthier babies. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota offers members in-depth educational tools and more. You’ll begin with an assessment, then get one-on-one support from a coach who will:
- Answer questions and offer advice about pregnancy and staying healthy
- Connect you to online resources about pregnancy and infant care
- Help you prepare for the new baby’s arrival
- Offer personalized support based on your needs
- Provide tips on how to stay happy and healthy after the baby arrives
- Help you get set up on the free Text4baby app that includes fun interactive features like quizzes and info about how your baby is growing each week
Call 1-651-662-1818 or 1-866-489-6948 to enroll.
Connect with someone about emotional, substance abuse, financial, or legal issues
When life is difficult, TEAM is there to listen and to help you find the resources you need. TEAM can assist when you or a family member is struggling with:
- Alcohol or drug problems
- Behavioral concerns
- Relationship challenges
- Family or parenting issues
- Grief and loss
- Job-related difficulties
- Legal or financial problems
TEAM’s services are completely confidential and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.