Wellness Programs for Medicare Retirees
The Fund is committed to helping you and your family get and stay healthy.
The best place to start is to get a comprehensive Health Dynamics physical. Each year, the Fund will pay 100% of the cost for members and their spouses who are covered by the Plan.
After completing your Health Dynamics physical, you’ll know the current status of your health and your risk profile. Plus, you’ll receive detailed reporting to share with your primary care physician and follow-up recommendations.
What the Comprehensive Physical Includes
This comprehensive physical includes:
- Comprehensive health history questionnaire
- Physician-directed physical exam
- 43-point blood chemistry analysis
- 16-point urine analysis
- Blood pressure measurement
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Cardiovascular fitness test
- Pap smear and screening mammogram (women)
- Prostate cancer screening (men)
- Colorectal cancer screening
- Strength and flexibility assessment
- Measurement of height, weight, and body-fat percentage
- Pulmonary function (lung capacity) testing
- Analysis of diet
- Stress inventory
What to Expect After Making Your Appointment
- A Health Assessment questionnaire
- Directions to the facility
- Exam preparation instructions
You should bring:
- Comfortable loose-fitting clothes
- Athletic footwear
- Any medications you may need
- A small snack to eat after your lab work
- Your completed Health Assessment questionnaire
- Colorectal screening cards
Watch a short video about the Health Dynamics physicals.
Important note: Medicare Retirees can only receive ONE physical each year. If you complete a physical with Health Dynamics, you cannot have another annual physical with your physician.
In addition, we offer targeted wellness programs to help you:
With Renew Active, you can gain access to a nationwide network of gyms and fitness locations, including many premium gyms. You’ll enjoy a free membership in the largest of all Medicare fitness programs.
Connect with someone about emotional, substance abuse, financial, or legal issues
When life is difficult, TEAM is there to listen and to help you find the resources you need. TEAM can assist when you or a family member is struggling with:
- Alcohol or drug problems
- Behavioral concerns
- Relationship challenges
- Family or parenting issues
- Grief and loss
- Job-related difficulties
- Legal or financial problems
TEAM’s services are completely confidential and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.