Wellness Programs for Active Participants
Get wellness advice from home
You may already know that Doctor On Demand allows you to see a doctor without leaving home when you are struggling with common urgent care concerns such as: cold or flu, upper respiratory infections, allergies, children’s health issues, and general aches and pains. However, did you know that this resource is also a great way to get general wellness advice for family members?
Medical visits are available 7:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m. No appointments are necessary, and the Fund covers the full cost of your medical visit. Note: Behavioral health visits and lactation consultations have different hours and costs.
Create an account
Visit doctorondemand.com/bcbsmn. You must correctly enter your identification number and member number from your ID card to ensure that the visit is billed to the Fund. Without this information, you will be required to enter your credit card information.
Watch a video about Doctor On Demand.
Stop using tobacco (Stop Smoking Support Program)
When you’re ready to quit, the Fund can help. When you enroll in the Blue Cross Quit For Life program, you get:
- 5 calls with your Quit Coach
- Access to an online web coach who is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- A Quit Guide in the mail
- Tailored text messages (if you choose) with program reminders and tips for managing urges
- Opportunity to have 3 calls with a Weight Coach (if you choose and it’s appropriate)
- Quit Aids that you and your Quit Coach determine is best for you (such as nicotine patches, gum, lozenges, or prescription aids such as Zyban™ or Chantix™)
Check out the FAQ.
Get started today by calling 1-888-662-BLUE (2583). They’re available Monday–Thursday 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m., and Saturday 9:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
Have a healthy pregnancy
Healthier pregnancies mean healthier babies. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota offers members in-depth educational tools and more. You’ll begin with an assessment, then get one-on-one support from a coach who will:
- Answer questions and offer advice about pregnancy and staying healthy
- Connect you to online resources about pregnancy and infant care
- Help you prepare for the new baby’s arrival
- Offer personalized support based on your needs
- Provide tips on how to stay happy and healthy after the baby arrives
- Help you get set up on the free Text4baby app that includes fun interactive features like quizzes and info about how your baby is growing each week
Call 1-651-662-1818 or 1-866-489-6948 to enroll.
Connect with someone about emotional, substance abuse, financial, or legal issues
When life is difficult, TEAM is there to listen and to help you find the resources you need. TEAM can assist when you or a family member is struggling with:
- Alcohol or drug problems
- Behavioral concerns
- Relationship challenges
- Family or parenting issues
- Grief and loss
- Job-related difficulties
- Legal or financial problems
TEAM’s services are completely confidential and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.