Save Money for Active Participants
If you do nothing else, make sure you take advantage of the comprehensive Health Dynamics physical. Each year, the Fund will pay 100% of the cost for members and their spouses who are covered by the Plan.
After completing your Health Dynamics physical, you’ll gain a better understanding of the current status of your health and your risk profile—but it will also save you a lot of money!
- The Fund will waive your calendar-year deductible for the year following completion of the physical; and
- You choose whether you want to be reimbursed for your gym or health club membership ($20 per month) OR for your copays and coinsurance (up to $240). Get the reimbursement claim form.
You can complete the physical at a Health Dynamics facility or see your own physician, who will complete a questionnaire and provide clinical data to Health Dynamics. Find a Health Dynamics facility near you.
Call 1-866-443-0164 to schedule a physical at a Health Dynamics facility or to get the required information to provide to your own physician.
Other money-saving programs help you save money on:
Doctor On Demand allows you to see a doctor without leaving home when you are struggling with common urgent care concerns such as: cold or flu, upper respiratory infections, allergies, children’s health issues, and general aches and pains. The resource is also a great way to get wellness advice for family members. New services include behavioral health and lactation concerns.
Hours and appointments
- Medical visits are available 7:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m. No appointments are necessary.
- Behavioral health visits and lactation consultations are available 7:00 a.m.–10:00 p.m. Appointments are necessary.
- The Fund covers the full cost of medical visits.
- For behavioral health, the cost is $50 for 25 minutes or $90 for 50 minutes. Deductible and coinsurance apply.
- For lactation consultations, you pay $40 for 25 minutes or $70 for 50 minutes. The patient is responsible for the full cost.
Create an account
Visit doctorondemand.com/bcbsmn. You must correctly enter your identification number and member number from your ID card to ensure that the visit is billed to the Fund. Without this information, you will be required to enter your credit card information.
Watch a video about Doctor On Demand.
MRIs, CT, or X-Rays
When your doctor says you need an MRI, CT, or X-ray, your first thought should be RAYUS Radiology. In most instances, you pay nothing for the service when you have an image taken at a RAYUS facility and the referral is made by your doctor.
RAYUS has nationally credentialed technologists, who help keep patients safe and comfortable. In addition, they have high-strength equipment, ensuring the best images. This is important, because you can’t diagnose what you can’t see. All RAYUS patients are given electronic access to their medical imaging.
To find a RAYUS facility near you, call the RAYUS Labor Line at 1-866-765-7138.
You can schedule an appointment at a RAYUS facility in three ways:
- By phone: Call TEAM at 1-651-642-0182 or 1-800-634-7710, or you may call the RAYUS Labor Appointment Line at 1-866-765-7138.
- Through your doctor: Ask your doctor to send a written prescription for the exam. Work with them to make sure RAYUS has all the information needed to guide your care.
- Online (only after your first visit): Pre-register for an exam on the RAYUS Patient Portal at myexamanswers.com. A secure login is required. Request access when RAYUS sets up your appointment.
Watch a video about RAYUS.
Active wear, diet programs, and gym memberships
Register at blue365deals.com/bcbsmn to take advantage of great wellness discounts, exclusively available to members. You’ll need your medical ID card to sign up. In a couple of weeks, you’ll be ready to shop for things like 20% off at Reebok, discounted products through Jenny Craig, or a gym membership for only $25 per month. Every week, Blue365 will send you emails alerting you to special deals.